Geoffrey (Geoff) Scovil has been practicing habeas corpus law through his solo practice in Albuquerque, New Mexico, for nearly two decades. In this capacity, his raises legal challenges to trial cases based on errors that violate his clients’ constitutional rights. Outside of his professional responsibilities, Geoffrey Scovil enjoys traveling away from Albuquerque to such destinations as Morocco.
Featuring everything from sunny coasts and relaxed countrysides to awe-inspiring mountains, Morocco is a popular tourist destination. Below are just a few of the country’s top attractions:
– Meknes: one of Morocco’s four imperial cities, Meknes was a former capital of the country and it houses several major attractions of historical interest, including the Dar Jamai Museum and Bab Mansour. The city consists of a 9th-century medina nestled inside a 21st-century city and features numerous examples of Spanish-Moorish-style architecture.
– Todra Gorge: found on the east side of the High Atlas Mountains, Todra Gorge is a breathtaking sight for many visitors. It was carved out of the mountains with the help of the Dades River and is perhaps most spectacular along its final 650 yards. This stretch of the gorge features smooth rock walls reaching up to 525 feet high and a flat track that shrinks down to just 33 feet wide.
– Ouarzazate: serving as the shooting site of numerous Hollywood classics, Ouarzazate has hosted film crews from Cleopatra, Sahara, and Kingdom of Heaven over the years. Directors have been using the city and its surrounding desert for movies since the 1960s, and visitors can tour the locales and still-surviving sets from some of their favorite blockbusters.
Attorney Geoffrey Scovil has a solo practice in Albuquerque, New Mexico. In addition to his law practice, Geoffrey Scovil enjoys visiting cities around the world. He has been many places both internationally and domestically. One of his favorite cities is San Francisco, where he and his wife eloped under the rotunda at City Hall, where Joe DeMaggio and Marilyn Monroe were married.
San Francisco’s peak tourist time runs from June to August. Visitors from around the United States flock to the city to take part in San Francisco’s many summer events, including the North Beach Festival and Fillmore Jazz Festival. Summertime in the city sees average temperatures in the high 60s along with damp fog and brisk winds.
Winter, spring, and fall all have more manageable crowds, but the weather is often significantly cooler. Winter lasts from December to February and has average temperatures in the high 50s. Fog is present almost every day, as are cold winds. San Francisco is also at its wettest during these months. Still, hotel prices are significantly lower than in the summer. Spring offers similar benefits, but the average temperatures are a bit higher. The city still stays fairly wet, especially during March, but dries and warms as it gets closer to summer.
Fall is typically the best time to visit San Francisco. From September to November, visitors enjoy such events as the Ghirardelli Square Chocolate Festival and San Francisco Fringe Festival. Temperatures are actually warmer than they are during summer and normally average in the low 70s. There are still some breezes coming in from the coast, but the skies stay clear most of the time, and hotel rates and crowds drop.
As a proponent of constitutional rights, Geoffrey “Geoff” Scovil is also committed to defending people who are indigent in criminal cases. An attorney at law since 1998, he is currently working as a solo practitioner in Albuquerque. When not focusing on his work, Geoffrey Scovil leaves Albuquerque for periods to travel to different parts of the world. One of the places he has visited is Hong Kong, China.
About 236 islands make up the archipelago of Hong Kong, a large number of which are local and tourist favorites. Some of these islands are iconic, while others are lesser known. The most popular tourist spots tend to become crowded, especially during the peak season, so tourists may want to consider the following remote yet striking spots in Hong Kong.
1. Dragon’s Back – Its ridge-top path, looking much like the spine of a dragon, is considered a stunning hiking trail in Shek O Country Park.
2. Sai Wan Swimming Shed – This last surviving swimming shed on the westernmost part of the island has become quite popular with Instagram users.
3. Cape D’Aguilar Lighthouse – Built in 1875 on the southeastern tip of the island, the Cape D’Aguilar Lighthouse is one of five surviving prewar lighthouses, and the oldest in Hong Kong.
As an attorney, Geoffrey Scovil of Albuquerque, New Mexico, helps defendants navigate the legal system and protect their rights. Away from his work, Geoffrey Scovil can often be found cycling in Albuquerque and the surrounding area.
Training is important for every cyclist, but what happens after a ride can be almost as important as what occurs during it. To improve as a cyclist, avoid these three post-ride mistakes.
1. Stopping before you have cooled down. After heavy sprints, a nice cool-down period helps muscles relax and keeps lactic acid from building up. Failing to cool down can lead to injuries and impede progress.
2. Eating poorly. It is better to eat sensibly while riding than to gorge yourself immediately after a ride. If you are ravenous when you get off your bike, choose healthy carbs and lean proteins, and don’t overindulge.
3. Neglecting your bike and your kit. Promptly remove your sweaty spandex after a ride to avoid skin irritation. Similarly, wipe your bike down and remove grime collected from the road as soon as you are home. The longer your bike sits, the harder it will be to clean.
Geoffrey Scovil is an attorney with a law practice in Albuquerque, New Mexico, where he focuses on criminal defense and Habeas Corpus law. In addition to his criminal law practice, Geoffrey Scovil supports the Outpost Performance Space in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The Outpost Performance Space is a small non-profit organization that brings jazz musicians from all over the world to New Mexico.
Jazz is a musical genre with a rich history. As this style of music evolved, it slowly incorporated certain characteristics from African American and European American traditions. In addition to the mixed musical elements, jazz lends itself to artist improvisation during live performances.
Jazz musicians may use a variety of tempos and styles. For instance, jazz can range from music that has more of swing feel to jazz that involves rhythmic interpretations and elements. As more generations embrace jazz, it will continue to evolve. To reinvigorate jazz, some contemporary musicians have combined elements of rock, funk, and Latin American music with traditional jazz elements.
An experienced attorney, Geoffrey “Geoff” Scovil practices habeas corpus law out of his own solo office in Albuquerque, New Mexico. When not busy with his duties as an attorney, Geoff Scovil enjoys traveling both around the world and domestically, and he has visited such US cities as Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Recognized for its unique architecture and scenery, San Francisco has a wide range of attractions that draw in a variety of visitors from around the world. Some of the city’s most popular attractions include:
– Palace of Fine Arts: Featuring a classical European-style lagoon and Roman rotunda, the Palace of Fine Arts is a remnant from the 1915 World’s Fair. It regularly serves as the site of various cultural and musical events, but many individuals enjoy simply relaxing on the grounds.
– California Academy of Sciences: Located in Golden Gate Park, the California Academy of Sciences features a living roof covered in native plants and hilly terrain. Home to a natural history museum and aquarium, among many other attractions, it is often regarded as an architectural marvel.
– Ghirardelli Square: Surrounded by a host of galleries, shops, and restaurants, Ghirardelli Square draws in everyone from shoppers to entertainment seekers. Built within a restored factory that formerly housed a chocolate company, the square was the first in a series of projects that sought to bring life back to the abandoned complex.
– Chinatown: Although many cities have their own Chinatown, San Francisco’s is both the largest outside of Asia and the oldest in North America. Visitors can find everything from temples and workshops to tea houses and antique shops, and they can attend elaborate Chinese New Year celebrations.